Larry for the amount you drive a gasser probably makes more sense than a
diesel, it's hard on a diesel not being driven hard regularly. Don't be afraid
of a gasser, Dwight has one and likes it.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Larry Turner via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Thanks!

     Since it caused a Fire Risk wouldn't it be eligible  for a Federal
Recall? Isn't that what recalls are for?  (BTW, I'm not giving you a
hard time, just trying to understand.)

     Hmm - with this added (and much appreciated) information we may
have to consider another car.  I would hate to do that because it's so
hard to find MB Diesels around here (~Richmond, Va) . Have been looking
for almost a week and only came up with 2 - the 99 and the 09.    My
wife has suffered with old cars for a long time and is digging her heels
in at nothing older than a '00. Not too big a demand since that might be
18 yrs old.  ;-)  If the 09 is a non-starter I may have to  start
considering Camrys and Accords!

     Course, since I may have to consider a gasser maybe i can find a MB
gasser?

     Does anyone know if the ~'09 (I'll also look for 05 and 06) gasser
MB engines have the same oil cooler seal problems?

     Thanks again!  Ya'll have provided such great info over the years -
you have saved me buckets of $$'s!  ;-)

LarryT

On 12/10/2017 12:26 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote