Your block heater doesn't seem to work. If it did the car would start easily.
Start by making sure the cable isn't munched. Just follow it to where it plugs
in, damage will be obvious.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Thanks - good questions.

Primer as the updated black cap.

If fuse were bad it would not start  Period.  Same with the gp relay -
would turn but wouldn't fire.

Might need a valve adjustment  I do a lot of stop and go driving.  Maybe
this has hastened the valve clearance tightening?

Battery is strong.  I did not try lengthy afterglow - that could help.

Perhaps tomorrow I will try to start w/o using the block heater but try
after-glowing instead.

Dwight wrote:  *My 79 240D would start at 4F with no heater using the
triple glow**.*  What is that?

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <