Year ‘round.

I’ve never seen them go after anything injured.  That’s not to say they won’t
follow something they think is on its last legs, but they won’t attack it that
I’ve ever seen.

Food sources are too plentiful here, I suspect.  I see them all year long.
Sort of like the darned geese that used to winter in Wisconsin because some
idiot took to feeding them.

-D