I don’t have the time to be worrying about a daily driver, which is why I went
with the W210s for that.

I have occasional time to tinker now that the wife is convalescing well, and I
have a garage close by that is unoccupied and available to me at no cost.

Hence, I can maximize the “tinker time” I have and not worry about tying up
working space at home with a car that’s not operational.  This thing doesn’t
need anything that is individually a major time suck, it’s a collective amount
of piddly things.  I fully expect to get it sorted over a few months’ time,
maybe drive it a bit if I like it, then flip it on BAT.

-D