150k is a very poor lifespan for a "modern" engine. Engines designed in the 40s and 50s and built in the 40s - 70s could do that. GM v6s of that era (1980s) were crappy throwaway engines. I made the mistake of trying to help a friend do a valve job on wunna dem. The sharp edges on the parts shredded my fingers, there are hidden bolts. After were finally got the heads off and had the machine shop do them, we put them back on and the valves would not close. There was NO ADJUSTMENT. The "adjustment" is to grind off the valve stems, which the head shop did not do because they had never had anyone dumb enough to try to grind valves on a POS GM throwaway POS V6 engine. SO I got to do the work twice.

GM=POS
V6=POS
GM v6= POS to a POS

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM
Its also worth noting that even not very good v6 engines like the 2.8l in my '88 GMC can be quite durable. Mine made it to 150,000 miles without ever being opened. That includes a hard life being driven by a poor college student and the predations of the an 18-23 "mechanic".
-Curt