I figure I’l have a total of about $2500 into the car when it’s all said and
done, including acquisition and shipping. I just set up a meet with a local
W140/W124 buddy who I’ve given a boatload of spares to, so now he’s returning
the favor and has a bunch of W124 stuff for me, like a rear view mirror, ash
tray, brand new bra for the front of the car and some other goodies.  Nice.

Youngest son says the burl steering wheel is in the storage locker, so I need
to go over there and dig it out.  That will look nice.

With the car on a Hagerty policy it’s $318/year for full coverage. To have
around as a spare ride is easy for that kind of expense.

-D