Potter, Tom E wrote:
Doc,

Servicing ONE of them is more than I want. I see it as just another
useless, expensive option with which M-B saddled Americans. I notice
that M-B did not inflict this nuisance on their neighbors in Europe.

Not saddled at all! Mercedes offered all the US models at least thru the mid '80s without a sunroof as a no cost option!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi