ned kleinhenz wrote:
<< Doesn't your TD have a manual sunroof? >>

The 1980 300TD - NO Sunroof.  Is that unusual?

Most 1980 300TDs delivered in the US came with a sunroof (mine did). Later (by 1982 when I bought another new 300TD) the sunroof was standard equipment, but in 1980 it might not have been (I don't have the paperwork anymore). By the time it became standard equipment in the US, it could be ordered without the sunroof as a no cost option. In most of the rest of the world, the sunroof was an option that could be purchased.

In the early '80s the dollar/European currency exchange rates were VERY high (the dollar bought a lot) and Mercedes added a lot of options to the standard equipment list of US delivered cars to "justify" not having to lower the price of their cars in the US and make them more attractive vs US luxury cars.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi