I think that's what I decided about drain channel, too - likely why I haven't done anything with that. ;>)

----- Original Message ----- From: "G Mann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "G Mann" <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes grab pad

Thanks Wilton, I considered that route as well, however after some study
and measurement [happen to have a few Mercedes around to measure] I find
clamping anything to the drain channel would disrupt the trunk seal rubber
and breach the trunk seal in a way that could generate a leak path. So, my
choice was to use the edge of the trunk at the skin pinch weld area.

Disadvantage of that could be, the grab bar would lift with the trunk lid.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:03 PM, WILTON via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>