um, yeah.  what are you doing letting your kid drive a 2-seat pocket
rocket?  And turbocharging it only makes it more susceptible to speeding
tickets and accidents.

But strictly speaking from a mechanical standpoint, installing a turbo and a
roll bar is very doable by you and your son (if you can maintain an old
benz, you can do this), but I don't think it's a one-day project.