This school year, I'm pressed into duty as after-school taxi driver for my
daughter, which means I have the joy of sitting in the car line at school
for about 30-40 minutes, engine at idle, under the full sun and during the
hottest and most humid part of the day.

The AC in The White Whale is not up to this new mission, so today and
tomorrow I'm going to see what can be done with stuff on hand to right the
situation.

Here's my plan, if anyone can think of something else clever and
inexpensive, or at least possible this weekend, let me know.

Check the refrigerant pressures, and if the hydrocarbon blend (enviro-safe
I think) is low, top it up and check for leaks.

Check the function of the electric cooling fan.  Maybe add a switch so I
can activate the fan manually?

Check / clean between radiator and condenser.

Check / clean front of the evaporator (under the blower fan, which is under
the mono-wiper motor, which is under all that plastic under the windshield
- fun!?).

Part of the reason for poor performance of the HVAC is the vacuum pod for
the center vents has failed, so no AC air ever comes from the center
vents.  I suspect that R&R of the dash to fix that vacuum pod and replace
all the other pods will be my job NEXT weekend....