Similar issue with checking to see if your money is held in a bank account
covered by FDIC insurance.  Crucial step in verifying that is going to the
FDIC website to see if your bank is covered.

In this case, I tried to go to any UN website for ECE to find out if they
list brake pad makers who meet the cert, but Fire Fox says the page is
unsafe - doesn't meet security.
Max
Charleston SC