Didn't you make a run to ND relating to one of your sons a year or so back?
Why not make a run to get the motor and haul it home yourself?
All you need is a vehicle with a hitch and a trailer. Buy or rent a trailer, or rent a van or pickup and go get it.

Or, am I way off in thinking that the engine from the "police car" that is so rusty could be swapped into the other car that needs the engine?

RB