> On January 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Yes they can't have a bunch of residential panels backfeeding into the
> downed lines I suppose! But who monitors that they get shut down?

I'm pretty sure every grid-tie inverter ever sold in USA stops backfeeding the
grid the second the grid goes down, certainly every US or CSA listed inverter
does that.

What I'm talking about, what I believe Dan is talking about, is the need to
kill the DC power in ten seconds (I misstated when I said 30 seconds) so that
firefighters don't run into 600V DC while cutting a hole in the roof with a
rescue saw. That didn't enter the code until the 2014 version, the 2011 NEC is
silent on that subject.

Mitch.