Are the old seats intact enough that you can take the covers apart and use them for patterns? Or are you intent upon customizing the seating so that the patterns would not help?

I think upholstery may be harder than it looks but the worst that can happen is that you ruin the material and eat the cost of doing it again. I think most of us would like to try doing it. I know I have looked at the possibility of re-upholstering a boat or two but so far have not done it.

RB