Get some inexpensive "service weight" vinyl at some place like JoAnne's, they
usually have some odd color stuff in the sale bin.  Make patterns from an old
cover if you can lay your hands on one -- it helps quite a bit to take one
apart to see how it's put together, and make a practice set.

I did this for both my brother's W115 and for my W108.  Had leather to do a
"real" set, but both cars went to the knackers before I got them done.

It's not rocket science, but you will discover a lot of fun way to screw them
up on the first set.  Make sure you cut all the alignment tags when you cut the
pieces to set up, they are required for keeping the bits from sliding around
while sewing.

And if you know someone in the upholstery business, pick their brains!  Lots of
tricks that will make it easier.

Make sure you know what you are doing before stitching up leather, it's
impossible most of the time to rip out and re-sew without the holes showing, or
worse, acting as a one time use zipper.

Peter