-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 4:00 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D wiper question

> Is this a relay problem?

The intermittent relay is also hooked into the park position, in that if
the relay is missing both intermittent and auto parking don't work.  (It
was kicked and snapped off in its socket in the last SL we bought.)
That is, the switch and contact inside the motor go to the relay.  If
the switch (etc.) is messed up inside the motor, of course, you know
what you'll have to do!  If it parks at all and doesn't just stop where
you turn off the switch and it's not just a problem on where the wiper
arms had been installed I'd expect an internal motor problem.

-- Jim