Once the trees get big like that if its densely forested you really don't have
to trim under them. Mine are getting to the point that the branches near the
ground just touch on trees 9 feet apart. Eventually some of them will be
trimmed up to 18', once the touching branches get above 6 feet I won't have to
mow anymore since there really won't be much light for anything to grow
underneath.I don't intend to trim them all but trees that are trimmed bring a
premium because you can get long, knot free, boards. We'll see how I feel, last
fall I trimmed a couple so I could keep lanes open, the deer have heavily
tracked where I trimmed so I guess thats a good thing.
 9' is the common spacing for lumber trees, for pulpwood its 6' and you don't
have to trim.
-Curt

    On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 11:41:43 AM EST, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes