>> Need better tires and some weight in the back.

This utterly transformed my death-trap Camaro.  200# of sand over the drive
wheels was what I used.  And in a pinch you could always slice open a tube
and throw some under the wheels.

I use(d) Nokian Hakkapeliittas on the Frankenheap W115 200D, and usually had a
bunch
of crap in the trunk.  That car did _very_ well in the snow, and the Hakkas
last for years.
I remember well chuffing through powder snow drifts that swept over the hood of
the
car.  Until we were forced to stop by some dumb-ass who had stopped in the
middle of
the road, at an uphill stop sign, which under those conditions need be merely
advisory,
we were unstoppable.

I'll take a well set up rwd car any day over a poorly set up 4wd.

-- Jim