On 04/04/2019 12:35 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
Think positively: we're heading in the right direction.

But, we are all old enough the only electric vehicles we are likely to ultimately find to be practical will be wheelchairs.

Electric vehicles are a dream. They have no range. They take too long to re-charge. Battery technology is not at a point where they are practical.

And, the infrastructure is not there to charge them. Solar does not work in the dark. Not bad in Arizona. Not so good in Manitoba, especially in winter.

Windmills kill the birds migrating through their path. I am surprised the environmental crowd does not get the windmills banned for that reason alone.

Nuclear is there but, as you pointed out yesterday, we have a problem with the leftovers. Until they find a way to totally use up nuclear fuel so that it does not pose a danger, there is the question of what to do with the stuff that has no further use but is dangerous for the lord only knows how long.