And, I suspect you won't care if you need to light the burners yourself. When I was a child, we had a gas range. There was a pilot light but the burners did not always light so we used matches. Never a big problem.

And, in regard to the earlier post, I believe one is supposed to use a double boiler when melting wax so it will not boil over.