On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:36:09 -0700 "Bob Rentfro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe sometime in the past 10 years or so they (whomever "they" are)
> had  talked of changing  the designation of Rt 666, which goes north out
> of  Gallup, New Mexico, to something else. I do know, however, that when
> 666  gets into Colorado it becomes 160.

Actually, the road that goes north out of Gallup is 264. At the bustling
metropolis of Yah-Tah-Hey, it heads west and 491 starts. 491 continues
north through such places as Tohatchi, Sheep Springs, and Newcomb until it
gets to Shiprock. It continues north as 491 into Colorado where it joins
up with 160 and continues on to Cortez, CO, where 160 heads east and 666
starts northward and a little westward. After passing though such notable
locales as Arriola, Lewis, Yellow Jacket, Pleasant View, Calhone, Dove
Creek, and Northdale, it crosses the Utah line, going mostly west, where
it tees into 191 at Monticello.

> That is a beautiful but strange stretch of road.

I can only imagine.

Craig