> On July 8, 2019 at 7:43 AM Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Some guy was posting pictures of an intake manifold with a turbo mounted in
> it. Not sure what it was for, but it looked hopped up.
>
> Maybe it’s for a 240D. Heh. I want to see that video.

Back before the 617.951, Reeves Callaway came out with a 240D turbo kit.
One of the magazines, I think Motor Trend, tested it.
It was noticeably slower than a 300SD.
I can't remember how it compared to a NA 300D, but it'd handily beat a non
turbo 240D

Ah, here it is, Motor Trend, 1983.
I probably still have that issue in a box somewhere, I had a subscription in
1983 and I can remember reading that article when it came in the mail.
So the article I read was AFTER the 617.951, and the 300SD they compared it to
was a W126.
0-60 in the 12s for the SD, 15s for the 240DT