We have the opposite problem, our water is a bit basic, I've been replacing all
of our type m with the thicker stuff, type f? I figure if the original thin
stuff went 40 years this should do pretty well. Our house is small, there isn't
that much plumbing. I did half last summer, I'll do the rest this year.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 5:02 PM, Scott Ritchey via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Depends.  My well water is slightly
acid, not enough to be unhealthy but enough to eat copper pipes (especially
thin wall - type M).  The 40-year old copper in my house developed leaks,
especially flexible tubing but the rigid stuff broke easily too.  I replaced
all with PEX or black poly for the feed from pump.