On 09/07/2019 4:13 PM, Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
What a great idea!  Men should were suits, and a nice hat of course.

Well, if you look at old photos of parades etc, you see people appear to have made an effort to look good. We have become a society of slobs.

I find it hard to believe that people (mostly young ladies) will pay big dollars for jeans full of holes. We were at my son's house on Saturday night and one of his friends came by along with his girlfriend. Her jeans were so full of holes that I later commented to my wife that she needed to either cut them off to make them into shorts or toss them out. They looked like they might catch on something and trip her when she walked. My wife said they were likely that way when she bought them and they would have been expensive.

She was a pretty girl but I think that if she wants to show off her legs, she would look better in a skirt or shorts than in what to me, appeared to be rags.