This sounds a lot like our neighborhood/HOA.

We’ve recommended the magnetic sign approach to a couple of people who
challenged the work truck thing, and one of them went that route. We try to
work with property owners to come up with a suitable resolution for everyone.

That’s the thing - we aren’t the slightest bit adversarial unless you end up
being a d*ck about things, like our resident who openly flouted our “no boats
or RVs for more than 24 hours” rule. They constantly ignored this, and simply
ignored the HOA when we called them on it.

Over two years later they ended up paying our legal bills of $6500 and agreeing
to never break the rules again (or they would be sanctioned immediately). They
had hired an attorney as well, so their costs had to be higher than that, we
suspect.

The running joke is, “How much does it cost to be “most right”?”

$6500.00

-D