On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 18:55:27 -0700 Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Yah some dude went off telling me how turbo rotating assemblies dont
> need to be balanced and Kent has sold hundreds of turbo rebuild kits
> and they dont need to be balanced because these "aren't race cars going
> 7000rpm". I opined that this must mean every turbo rebuild shop in
> existence must be doing it wrong and wasting money on balancing
> machines. No reply yet.

Yes, there certainly is a disconnect between their ideas and the real
world.

The 15 liter engine in my Kenworth is even less a race car going 7000 RPM,
but the much-larger-than-Mercedes turbo it has sure spins up to many tens
of thousands of RPM.

Craig