Sadly they are either floating museums or in mothballs again, and I do
believe they are no longer viable to be recalled back into service.  They
were enormously expensive to operate (steam plants burning bunker oil, and
any casualty to the propulsion plant would pretty much require custom
fabrication of replacement parts) so after the evil empire fell apart, the
Navy was eager to retire them as quickly as they could.  Tragedy on the
Iowa hastened retirement.

Max
Charleston SC