1984 Tempo 2.3l 4spd manual was my first car. Dad replaced it with a '91 Tempo
3spd automatic, I don't remember what engine was in it but that car was crap
and it hated me. He gave that car to Angie, it still hated me.
The 2.3l 4spd was a good combo in the older car, had enough grunt to be fairly
driveable. IIRC the engine was from Mazda so it was reasonably skookum for a
1980's 4 banger. The electronic ignition modules in both Tempos we had were
terrible. IIRC the '91 needed one every 70,000 miles or so. Fortunately it was
relatively easy to change. I did it once in the parking lot of our apartment
with a guy telling me "that'll never fix it". He shut his yap quick when the
car started. I still have the tool required.
I traded that car for a BMW jack, an MB lug wrench and a handful of misc parts
for my '81 300TD. I thought it was a good deal.

-Curt

    On Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:47:32 AM EST, Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On 23/01/2020 10:41 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> I don't suppose I'll need an '80s Ford Tempo manual ever again...
>
> -Curt

Good Lord, I hope not!

RB