Calculation could get complicated, once you factor in release point for
greatest distance and trajectory vectors. However, it sounds like some nice
"math fun"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAIy_TUuHk
This link will take you to a youtube video of some folks throwing things
with things that rotate. Just to get you into the mood for throwing an ice
chunk...;))
Perhaps, we could start an industry using old wind turbine blades?