I assume they are not too much different than a 603, only x2 and probably smaller.   Yes, observe firing order. check for tdc by pushing valve down to hit piston before you take the keepers off.  take cams off, wiring TC to sprockets.  Mind the keys....

You can do 2 pistons at the same time (8 valves)  then rotate 120º repeat.

Big problem is a valve spring compressor.   THe MB special tool is stupid expensive. (At least for 603)   I never changed springs but did replace valve seals in situ.

Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 14, 2020 at 3:19 PM
Anyone ever replace valve springs? I am putting some stiffer ones on due to
high egp with the compound turbos. What is the preferred tool? I assume I
just rotate the piston to the top to prevent the valves from falling in.