On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:04:28 -0700 Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> In general, game is much leaner than agribiz raised meat. This requires
> different cooking techniques to even be edible. If it can be prepared
> rare, like venison or wood duck, it will be tender and delicious.
> Otherwise, a wet cooking is better. Venison sausage requires plenty of
> pork fat. Chili made with venison is great.

Attaching an email from Curt:

    Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Air fryers now Sous Vide
    Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:17:46 +0000 (UTC)

    I've never tried it but I figured it'd be good for wild game
    that can be tough. -Curt

    On Friday, February 2, 2018, 12:15:49 PM EST, Greg Fiorentino
    via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

    I first encountered sous vide done at a restaurant with a duck
    recipe.  It was great! I have since experimented quite a bit,
    using a simple setup involving a cheap slow-cooker with a highly
    accurate temperature control device. It is especially good for
    chicken breast, cooking perfectly and producing always tender
    juicy results.

    Using thickness, time, and temperature charts; meats can be
    pasteurized so they can be refrigerated for several weeks and
    reheated/seared later.  Excellent for camping trips for instance.

    Also really good for meats with lots of tough connective tissue.
    Low and slow can be 24 hrs. or better for brisket or pork shoulder.
    Something like a flatiron steak can be made tender but still rare.
    You have to be careful not to make it too tender!

    Yes, browning is necessary but can be done later with a quick sear
    on a cast iron or steel pan, or with a torch.

    Delve into food science a bit.

    Greg

Craig