77 is probably K-Jet or KE-Jet (my 75 Audi Fox was K-Jet).

Couple funky idle drop down servos and lots of hoses -- all of which have to be
completely sealed for it to run right.  KE-Jet has a "frequency valve" to
control the mixture in the double chamber fuel distributor, and they can be a
pain.  Essentially a modified fuel injector.

Once you get it all sorted out, it's great.  Only trouble I had with my Fox in
the fuel system was a bad injector causing lumpy idle and the fact that blowby
would freeze in the venturi and flood it out in bitter cold weather.  It was
disconnected when I got it, and stayed that way after I figured that out.  Had
a fuel pump fail, otherwise very trouble free.