I have boxes and boxes of old family photos.  I bought a Brother ADS 2700W scanner I am going to use to scan these photos.  I need some sort of management app where I can put in a descriptor, names/places, years, etc. to set up some sort of searchable database of all these pics, then share the database/photos somehow/where for the extended family to access.

The device has some sort of associated app called PaperPort I downloaded and will be trying out, it looks kinda clunky on a quick look but maybe it will suffice to get them into a scanned file.  It doesn't seem to allow annotation of images (only PDFs) with other descriptors.

Google, Amazon, Picasa, Photobucket and others are online storage apps that I know a little about, Amazon just seems to be a place to store photos and vids, but no details on how to set it up to do what I want to do.  Google seems about the same.

Anyone ever done something like this?

--
--FT