Karl, Your comments stimulate many questions in my mind.
   As individuals. What should we be doing that we are not doing (behavior,
supplements, etc)?
   Specifically what National leadership do you mean (CDC, POTUS, legislators)?
   Does National leadership have jurisdiction or do state/local authorities
have jurisdiction?
...What has National leadership failed to do?
   Is contact tracing really viable (considering the virus was widespread
before we knew it was here)?
   Why were/are we (the US) so slow with tests, treatments, etc.
   How does this all end?  Do we all get it eventually?  Does it die out?
   What are we proles to make of the flip-flop guidance from the experts
(masks, isolate indoors, etc.)?
   Who can we believe?  So much seems politically driven, even medical
"experts".
   I'm an 70+ year old asthmatic and SWMBO is in her 80s with heart issues so
we are hermits, mostly.
Thanks for any insights,
Scott (a skeptic)