It's easy... just look for a stamp that says "Made in China".... as soon as
you find that, you know they were built with zero quality control and are a
potential death trap...
Harbor Fright will take any jack stand you have from them back and give you
cash or new jack stands... virtually no questions ask...
Way cheaper for them to do that than absorb the liability of having sold a
product that crushed you to death.