Some observations:  It's cheaper to cool (AC) than to heat.  If your state (or
city) is broke and deep in debt someone's going to be left holding the bag;
better if it's not you.  If LOEs cannot maintain order (because LEOs are too
few or criminals are too numerous or traitor politicians still need to be
guillotined) you need to leave.  If fixed costs (groceries, shelter, energy,
utilities, taxes, etc.) consume nearly all of your income you did something
wrong.
Scott