That or find an independent agent. They can shop around for the best deal.

My Allstate guy writes homeowners policies with a bunch of different companies,
as Allstate, like most of the major insurers, don’t directly write policies in
Florida because of loss potential. However, they have to underwrite all
insurance lines to work in the state, so they create subsidiaries that can
underwrite homeowner’s policies here in order to sell other forms of insurance.
That way when a major event occurs it doesn’t ding the main company.

I really miss the cheap auto insurance of the Midwest. For what I paid for all
my cars there I can only cover one car here, if that.

-D