Our church LAN has a “guest” SSID that does not require a password.  This guest
SSID is very helpful for cell phones because the aluminum siding blocks regular
cell signals.  So far, this was not a problem because we had few “outsiders.”
Our ISP provider (Time-Warner/Spectrum) provides an ARRIS DG1670a modem/router,
which does not appear to have any useful “parental controls.”

Soon we will be a “hot spot” where school children can come to our parking lot
to download school materials (if they don’t have high-speed internet at home).
The school system provides the hot spot equipment but visitors will also see
our church Wi-Fi on their devices.

I want to avoid the situation where school kids (or others) access
inappropriate sites, particularly on the church LAN.  OpenDNS offers some
filtering but only for “new” DNS requests and it doesn’t block anonymizers
(like Tor).

I know there is much computer expertise on this site so I thought I’d ask for
recommendations.

Cheers, Scott