The Village of Kohler, built around the turn of the last century, has lots of
houses with slate roofs. Many of those are probably approaching 100 years of
age if not older. When you consider how difficult of an environment Wisconsin
is, that speaks for the durability of the material, for sure. I wonder how hard
it is to find someone who works on them?

-D