Sounds like the repair guts didn't really troubleshoot so the fix will take
several return trips until they finally replace the right part(s).
Often, the same capacitor (dual unit) supports the fan and compressor and
capacitors do fail.  Fan motor failure is not unusual after, maybe, 10 years
but the compressor should start up anyway as soon as it sees 24v on the "Y"
wire (unless it's in timeout, typical for 5 min after shutdown).
Most units have low and high pressure cutout switches (a possible problem
source too).  The high pressure cutout is immediate but the compressor and fan
should run for a couple minutes before they shut down for low pressure.
If the compressor is bad the fix is a difficult and costly but less than
replacing the whole condenser.
The old (on or off) style units are pretty simple and most parts are generic
except the control board.  But there are newer inverter (variable speed) and
dual speed types that have unique parts and designs.