On 2020-11-30 17:35, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
Did that have the v6 diesel in it?

Yep, 28-30mpg, 0-60 in 23s on my watch.
Coolant was black. It might have had a bad head gasket the entire time he owned it, it was about 3 years old when he bought it.

One time I was sitting at a stop light in the left lane, a Pontiac 6000 came up behind me, changed lanes and stopped beside me. It was a diesel. When the light turned green, I gave it enough gas to easily put dad's Ciera away. It jumped in front of me, slammed on the brakes and turned left, exactly the maneuver I anticipated and tried to block. So they could be much faster than a 240d, but ours was not. The rebuilt IP changed performance not in the slightest. I think road tests were around 16s 0-60. I'm sure my Citation could have easily beaten him if I'd tried harder, I had him beat by 5hp and 700lb.