Hello Benzers. Yesterday was Lutgart’s turn to get her yearly oil change and
address the three recalls. This also included the A service which comprised
oel/filter, fuel filter change, inspection and tire pressure check. Today,
after waiting well over an hour for pickup, we headed home. As we were slowly
trekking down the freeway in the rain at 40MPH, I consulted her for a fuel
economy check revealing only 9.8MPG! WOW! Since the fuel filter was changed, I
knew that the low mileage was due to a leak that must be pretty severe since
that is well less than half the normal fuel economy. Arriving home, there was a
strong Diesel smell around the front of the van. Also, the real time display
showed that the right front tire pressure was low and showing a hotter tire
temp than the others. This is after PROFESSIONALS serviced my van! If I knew
the location and procedure for replacing the fuel filter, I would have been
servicing my own vehicle!!!!! As the saying goes, the only way to fix it right
is to FIX IT YOURSELF! I’m going to try to not only get the service for free,
but also have them top off my fuel tank as well.
Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
2019 Sprinter van 12 passenger 144WB 1717 miles, Low Mileage Lutgart
1982 240D, High Mileage Hildegard

Sent from my iPhone