There was a guy I worked with at Kohler some years back who was the textbook
version of a healthy man, exercised regularly, was at or near his proper
weight, BMI was excellent, ate healthy, but he had a history of heart disease
in his family. As a result he was on statins back in the day when they were
pretty new (1990s?) I just recall him telling me what his cholesterol numbers
were, and they were stupid crazy (high). Apparently it was a genetic thing and
there wasn’t a lot he could do about it short of pharmacological interventions.

-D