Watched the first episode last night. Wife had seen it already and said I would
be pissed after I saw it. I was. Why couldn’t the French have just left them
alone after WWII and ditched the colonialism thing? The Vietnamese were all
ready to do their own thing as they had in the past, no need for some other
nation state to stand over them and tell them how things are done.

Like most of Ken Burns’ stuff, it was well done. Looking forward to the next
episode.

-D