On 23/01/2021 9:25 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
  Try it more, if you haven't worn the skin off your fingers you haven't
twiddled it enough. If you take the pod out to do LED bulbs and line the light
pipes you can bridge across it so you've always got full brightness. I've never
seen any need to turn down the brightness on a 123.
-Curt

On my car, the the shaft on the rheostat is now loose. I assume the winding has disintegrated enough that the whole thing is done for.

Randy