Zoltan Finks wrote:
Thanks. As a follow-up, I wanted to ask the list: Does having the
traditional tap-on style wheel weights on the outside of your allow wheels
bother you at all? It really bothers me. I mean, you have this nice slick
alloy wheel with this crude weight tacked onto it. I notice this when I look
at a vehicle and I dislike it.

The weight should go wherever the weight needs to go - whether that be middle of the wheel, inside lip, or outside lip. If the wheel and tire are out of balance on the outside edge, putting a weight on the inside or middle of the wheel isn't going to correct the imbalance.

--
John L. Ervine
1981 240D 4-spd 270+kmi