Time always wins.. in 10 years the 30 somethings will be mid 40's and the
bubble will have gone bust.... Who knows what will happen to the "city
infrastructure" in that 10 years, with the loss of unlimited income from
high taxes on the people who "escaped" for whatever reason...
The high priced house they spent big money for is "post bubble" now worth
much less, and the city they think they miss is still too high to buy
into..

I predict some very unhappy people who slap their forehead every morning in
the mirror and say "What was I thinking?"