Curt,

Since she was shipping during one of the “migration” periods and along a busy
corridor, I’m sure it was cheaper. Starting after Labor Day the migration of
snowbirds begins slowly, peaking in late October and going until Thanksgiving.
Since everyone is going in one direction and there are few going out, a lot of
carriers are deadheading back North to get more loads. Some of them contract
with rental car companies to move inventory or leasing companies who are moving
cars to other markets. That’s still a small number compared to what’s going
south at the time.

-D