Thanks Dan.  But I hope my moving days are over.
Andrew - not a covered van.  Top level on a 5-car carrier.  First on and last
off.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 1:08 PM
To: Okie Benz <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] A (car) Moving Experience

Glad it was a good experience, Scott.

I’ve got a guy who I have used for over a decade to move cars for me as well as
referred to many people. He’s done a great job for everyone as far as I know,
and I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my cars if I needed one moved.

The Internet services are cut-throat at best, which is why your son got a $500
bid. His experience is common based on what I’ve heard.

One of the things I really like about my guy is that he knows the business well
and will tell you if what you want to do is possible. Case in point:

A good friend and neighbor is currently in Monterey, CA, with his daughter and
her family. He’s been out there for two year and is returning to Florida this
summer (son in law is officer in Army and he follows them around the country.)
My car broker moved their cars out to CA when they went out there. Buddy called
the broker a couple of weeks ago to explore the movement of the cars back to
Florida. Broker tells him that the current flight of Californians out of the
state is making the availability of carriers scarce until late May. Buddy
doesn’t want to move cars until June so he’s good to go and will follow up as
time gets closer. If he had gone ahead and booked online for June or July he
would be paying the current price, which is astronomical.

This business is seasonal and has a number of very well known “flows” or
migrations that has a huge effect on the cost and availability of trucks. My
guy knows these well and will do his best to provide guidance so you can either
avoid the higher costs or gain an advantage based on where the traffic is going.

I’ll gladly provide his contact information to anyone who wants it if you PM me.

-D